Create and Edit Your Profile
You can set up a profile of yourself on #GoOpenVA once you have created an account. Your profile is viewable by others and displays your areas of interest. You can edit it at any time to add or change information.
Personalize Your Profile Information
- In the top menu bar, click your name.
- Select Profile Information.
Enter information about yourself.
- Required fields (your first and last name) are marked with an asterisk (*)
- You can select Country and State from drop-down lists
- Select you Role(s) that best describes what you do (you may choose more than one)
- Select an Educational Level (or more than one) from the drop down menu
- Using the check-boxes, select any Subjects in which you are interested
- Add information about yourself in the About me field. This might include your educational background, your favorite activities, influential books, or anything others might find of interest about who you are.
- Upload a photo of yourself by clicking on the Change Profile Image link and choosing one from your computer.
- Add social media links from Facebook, Twitter, and Skype, if you have any of these you’d like to share.
- Click the Save button
At the bottom of the page, you will find a link to View Public Profile. Click on this to see how your profile looks to others.