You can use the Advanced Search Feature to find content that meets several specific criteria. Use advanced search to enter a set of criteria and search the full site for results. Follow these steps to use the advanced search.
Click Advanced Search on the main page or click on the magnifying glass icon from the top menu bar. Use any or all of the advanced search fields as you create your search.
Common Search Items
- Enter specific keyword(s). Separate multiple keywords by a comma.
- Select a Subject Area
- Select a Grade Level
- Select Conditions of Use. Tip: this field is particularly helpful if you want to find content that is open to remix and reuse.
Generate your search now by clicking on the Search button, or continue to select more specific criteria
Additional Search Criteria
Select one or more items from the Additional Search Criteria section
- Educational Standards - Use the drop-down menu to find content associated with a particular Virginia Standard. Note that you can launch your search from a broad category or narrow down to a specific standard (new drop-down menus pop up under each level as you drill down to the specific SOL).
- Educational Use - Select the type of content you are looking for.
- Material Type - Select one or more material types.
- Member Activity - Use this section to find content that has been tagged or commented on by other users.
- Rubric Evaluated - Check these boxes to find content that has been aligned with the OER Evaluation Rubrics on the site.
- Content Source - Search for Open Author Resource (content hosted on the site, which can be copied remixed directly) or Content Provider Resources (content hosted on external sites.)
- Primary User - Use these options to find content intended for a particular audience such as parents, administrators, or students.
- Level - Designate your targeted education level. Note that the levels can be opened for greater refinement (for example, open Primary to select Lower or Upper Primary). Click the drop-down menus and select from the list items in each menu.
- Media Format - Find content in a specific format such as eBook or Video
- Accessibility - Search for content related to specific accessibility requirements.
- Conditions of Use - Select one or more Conditions of Use to find content that meets your remix and redistribution needs.